I was at the doctors office reading a magazine and there was and article about kids cleaning.
There was a picture of a little girl with a sponge mop, handle probably cut to her size, and a squirt bottle.
She was going around the kitchen squiritng the visible dirty spots and then mopping them up.
I got all the stuff for my boys and they loved mopping the kitchen. My oldest boy even ended up doing the whole kitchen. He could even rinse the mop in the sink by himself. I was so proud!
Yea!
Wednesday, March 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
What's up with kids. They will volunteer to clean the toilet, the tub, the sink, the nasty kitchen floor, but ask them to pick up their toys and it's WWIII! How silly:) Maybe that's just my kids though.
Ah yeah, child labor. JK...that is an awesome idea to get things specifically for them, so it makes it more fun?!?!
Kevin and Andrew have had to be especially helpful the last little while. They each have a night during the week that they get to stay up later and do some special chores. For some reason they get so excited about that! Our future daughters-in-law are going to LOVE us for teaching these boys how to clean...
I hope that you are doing good Amber. You aren't too far from your due date. So exciting!
This is a great idea!
Great idea Amber. I sometimes forget that my kids are capable of doing so much more.
Was it a Portland magazine and she was using a vinegar mix in the squirt bottle? That was Scott's cousin's little girl. That was a good article. They sent us the link to the article.
What a great idea!
We are moving, but once we get in to the new place, I have plans to make step by step, picture directions for each chore...that way for bathroom they can get the cards out and see what to do 1st, 2nd, etc. My kids actually enjoy helping me clean, they just never know what to do.
Post a Comment