Thursday, August 7, 2008

Happy 30th Birthday to me!


Tomorrow is my 30th birthday. For the past two weeks I have been thinking about turning 30 and it has kind of depressed me. I have thought about, “what have I done with my life, what have I accomplished”, I am going to be 30! I am no longer a young girl!
Well this morning as I lay awake in my bed I felt an overwhelming sense of love and appreciation for my life. I believe it is my Heavenly Family helping me feel that today, because it is quiet in my home, there are no distractions of the day yet.
I am just where I want to be. I have a wonderful husband that adores me and thinks that I am special. He thinks I am pretty and feels that he really is lucky to have me. I have three children. I have Isaac and Tate who are my best buddies. They make me laugh, they help me to stretch my limits to see who I really am and help me learn so many of life’s lessons to be a better person. I have a daughter in Heaven, Hope, who I believe in a way volunteered to live a short life here on earth so she could be a heavenly helper to our family. I believe this because I feel her presence in my life, in my family’s life often on a daily basis. I know she loves me no matter what and she is rooting for me to do my best so that we can all be together forever someday. I know all my family that has passed on before me loves me and they watch out for my family and my extended family. I feel them from time to time, like a warm blanket around my shoulders, encouraging me to be happy. I have family and friends here on earth who seem to put up with me and love me as well! My parents love me!
I have a home to live in, a bed to sleep in, food to eat, a strong Testimony in the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and a family to love.
I have all I have ever wanted. Life is great! I realize today, I am happy to be me!
Happy 30th Birthday to me!

August 7th 2008

I had to include a pic of myself and my boys, my hair is terrible but, I am enjoying my life in this picture!

14 comments:

Cort, Kimi, Metz and Chase said...

Amber you are loved by everyone who meets you!!! You are the sweetest woman I have ever met! Happy Birthday! 30 Rocks!

Jen said...

Happy Birthday Amber! You look radiant in the picture with your boys...that is the look of a joyful, loving, amazing mother! That is how I would describe you.

Heather said...

You put it so well...you are so amazing and so loved! Enjoy your happy birthday...Lanny says 30 is the new 20...so happy 20th!!!! Love you!!!!!

Katie and Austin said...

Happy Birthday Amber! You are so remarkable. The reason we celebrate birthdays is because we know the world is a better place because you are in it. and this is definatly true for you. I miss you. My birthday was yesterday. I didn't know our birthdays were so close. Hope you had a great one.
love Katie

the herd said...

To my sweet friend, Amber. Happy Birthday. Now, you no longer need to shop at those stores with the loud music! You are so beautiful inside and out. I'm a better person for having you as my friend. You are an example of righteousness to everyone you meet!

Kelli France said...

Amen sista! I think 30 is a lovely age and you have a lot going for you, even if it doesn't seem glamourous. I have always admired your spirituality and think you are a wonderful Mother. Hope you had a FABULOUS birthday!

Jen said...

Happy Birthday, Amber! I am sorry I missed your big day. I love being in my 30s--much better than my 20's. (Until I see the alcohol buying bithday sign at the grocery store...they seriously can't be 21 if they were born in 1987!) You have such a beautiful spirit...I am priveleged to have you as a friend. :)

Josh L. said...

Dude, did you get my text on your Bday!!! Hey, I know what it's like Ambro! I was just there and feel for you. ha. 30 isn't bad, it just means you're more experienced! I bet you'll find that the next 10 years will be better than the last 10. You owe me a nice dessert if that holds true! You're awesome Amber!

Josh L.

danny said...

hey congrats! you know 30 is the new 20! so your just beginning. im getting close to that too. have a good one!

Heidi said...

Happy Birthday Amber! I forgot that you were a young one. 30 is great. I love being 30 and I hope you enjoy it too.

Sara Schletter said...

Well, Happy be-lated birthday. I know what you mean about being depressed about turning 30, but just emagine it can only get better right.

Anonymous said...

HEY YOU!

Sara told me where to find you...man am I happy to see you! Long time no see! :) Happy Birthday Girl...30 is not so bad...pretty soon we will all be 40...yIkEs!

So happy to have found you...can't wait to keep up with you. ;)

if you send me your email, I can send you an invite to my blog dendi.skinner@mac.com

careyttops or katelyn's kid kitchen said...

I so glad you have a blog!! It was good to read some of your posts and catch up with you & your life. Happy late bday!

Diane said...

amber, i found your blog through careys... i don't even know if you remember me or not--Diane Freestone...i can't remember the last time i saw you or even talked to you--holy cow. :)
Diane (freestone) Stowell